BVMI relies on a team of office volunteers to keep the office running!
Volunteers provide more than $500,000 in pro bono service over the course of a year. We provide a friendly, flexible workplace where what you do really makes a difference!
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Medicaid Navigator – In order to help our patients apply for Medicaid, we need a volunteer who can help assist them in our office. Following a step-by-step outline, you will guide them during this process. Training will be provided. Bilingual volunteers would work best!
- Volunteer Coordinator – that’s right! We need a volunteer to help schedule and manage other volunteers. If you are organized and like people, this could be the perfect job for you! Human resource experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Scanner – BVMI utilizes an electronic medical record system, but many reports are still in paper form. We need scanners to scan the written reports into medical records.
- Interpreters – BVMI patients come from many backgrounds and cultures. Often, they are more comfortable speaking in their first language, and have a better understanding of what is being said. We need bilingual volunteers to interpret – we especially need bilingual English/Spanish and English/Korean, with occasional need for other languages.
- Administrative Support — The fun part! In order for our office to keep running smoothly we need help with deskwork. From calling to remind patients about appointments to writing thank you letters to outside doctors – there is always a need for volunteers!
- Speakers Bureau – are you a polished public speaker? BVMI is looking for a few great speakers to make presentations to Rotary and other civic clubs, faith communities and other organizations that want to find out more about BVMI. Training provided.
Check back often for additional volunteer opportunities!